Computer Resources Policy
The library provides access to computer equipment, programs, databases, and the Internet for informational and educational purposes. All users of the library’s computer resources are expected to use these resources correctly and for legal and ethical purposes only. Computer resources may not be used for the following :
· Violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, rule or regulation.
· Harassment of other persons.
· Libel or slander of other persons.
· Destruction of or damage to equipment, software, or data belonging to the library.
· Gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to any computing, information, or communications devices or resources.
· Disruption or unauthorized monitoring of electronic communications.
· Unauthorized copying of copyright or other protected material.
· Unauthorized use of computer accounts, access codes, or network identification numbers assigned to others.
· Use of computer communications facilities in ways that unnecessarily impede the computing activities of others.
· Violation of software license agreements.
· Violation of network usage policies and regulations.
· Violation of another person’s privacy.
Any and all other matters which the library, in its sole discretion, and in consideration of the best interests of the public, determines to be an unacceptable purpose.
Reviewed March 14, 2011